market-farming - [Market-farming] Crop Planning / Seed Order

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "andrea davis" <andrea.m.davis AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Crop Planning / Seed Order
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:38:07 -0800

   I'm new to the list, I'm a small small-scale farmer with just a 1/4 acre.  With plans to increase as money and land become available to lease.  I mainly sell to restaurants but this coming season I plan to include the local farmers market as well.

   My question is in regards to crop planning and getting a seed order ready.  Maybe I've been staring at the computer too long but I can't remember the math on how to get from the crop yield (in pounds) needed per week/ per season to how much seed is needed.  I just can't think of the equation ....

   Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Andrea
quarter acre farm