market-farming - [Market-farming] market manager job description? market rules?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] market manager job description? market rules?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:27:05 -0500

Hi all --

I seem to be involved with a group trying to start up a new farmers' market.

While we have people in the group with a lot of market experience, we don't have anybody who's ever done the manager's job. I volunteered to collect information needed to write up a job description for the market manager; and also to write up some proposed market rules, for purposes of discussion.

Can anybody help me with samples of such things, ideally from a market of similar size? This will be a small market (my guess is 6 to 10 vendors, to start with) in a small village (population is a couple of thousand, but there's a good deal of traffic coming through town from other places). We will definitely be local - only, and expect to invite as vendors local bakers and craftspeople as well as farmers.

Thanks --