market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Propane Heater

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Propane Heater
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:08:49 -0500

Were it not for peoples PITA kids who have to stick their body parts into everything I would use my turkey fryer burner, just cause I already own one.

Next would be the Coleman Catalytic, which runs on the disposable 1 lb propane tanks, small and expensive but would serve to warm the fingers in the packing/making change area.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanCom/subcategory.asp?CategoryID=3000

This guy is bigger, has guards enough to look safe, is the best fuel buy, and at 23,000BTUs will make a difference until a breeze blows through.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_130668_______14239%7C14273%7C19717%7C130668?listingPage=true&Special=false

As to the electric, all the inverters I have met specify they are not for use on heating devices.

MAsteveINE

I am doing two Farmers' Markets that are open thru the winter. Both
markets are under large sheds that provide a roof only. Since all four
sides are open it can get quite chilly. I have been looking at propane
heaters, but cannot decide on a style. Most of them seem to be for
partially enclosed areas like a tent, hunting cabin or construction
site. Anybody have a suggestion for a heater that would provide warmth
in an open area?

David Tannen