market-farming - [Market-farming] Spaders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Spaders
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:48:44 -0500

Does anybody have any experience with reciprocating spaders?  I've used a small one before and it works well but didn't go deep enough, though I know there are some that dig pretty deep.  What did you think of them.  I'm thinking about getting one but not sure which brands are best though I've heard Tortella is a good one and there is a dealer near Toledo, Ohio.  I heard one person say Celli was the best buy but my soil is somewhat heavy clay and I need a tough one or it will be a maintenance nightmare I imagine, they need a lot of maintenance anyway. I might just get a small chisel plow but they don't do as good a job and take a lot of drawbar hp.  I have a 4wd 60hp tractor so a small chisel is plausible and probably about a third of the cash outlay.  I could hire someone to chisel plow around here but their equipment is too big to make beds.  Too many options I guess LOL  Thanks

Wyatt

Click to get affordable Health Insurance.