market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Acres conference in December??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jim Goodman" <jim AT horizonmalawi.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Acres conference in December??
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 06:57:39 +0200

Hi, I'm a new member farming in Malawi...probably not quite the target group...but I am wondering if anyone has ever planted peanuts in a minimum tillage/conservation tillage system ...and if so how? We are trying to implement a minimum tillage system for soil conservation purposes and work with a smallholder farmers association to help them do the same, using our farm as a teaching ground. Peanuts (groundnuts) is an important component of the farming system here, as I know it is in some parts of the States.