market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Friends of the Market Programs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "SUE WELLS" <farmersue AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Friends of the Market Programs
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:44:45 -0400

I haven't ever heard of "Friends" of the market before. Does this take the
place of vendor fees?
I have also had many people that have no idea how to cook, that is very sad.
I have many recipes I hand out. And educate. I grow Tomatillos, and educate
a lot about these, having a handout next to the basket of Tomatillos,
explaining what they are, and a few recipes for them, and then next to this,
I have samples of Tomatillo salsa and processed jars of it for sale. This
has sold a lot of salsa as well as Tomatillos. And people are learning about
them.
I made up a bag of stir fry greens and sold these at the last market. That
is easy for non cooking people, and very healthy. I think it is a slow
process to get some of these people to cook, but very important.
I think people will drive a little farther for a very nice market.
Sue
Vermont