market-farming - [Market-farming] ? re yellow raspberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT alltel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ? re yellow raspberries
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:01:04 -0400

Ok, dummy me didn't write down which row was which when I planted Anne and Kiwi Gold raspberries earlier this year. So I'm asking the experts on this list to see if anyone can take an educated guess on which is which based on the below, especially if you've grown either or both of these varieties of yellow raspberries before:

One variety definitely has bigger fruit than the other.
The bigger fruit is slight conical in shape AND is fully ripe when totally yellow.
The other variety is round and isn't fully ripe until the fruit is turning orange; yellow fruits are still hard and unripe.

Also, are these varieties Fall-bearing, or are they just doing so for me this year because I only planted them this year? The dormant canes were planted in April, and they started setting fruit on the new canes late this summer. I'm still picking fruit as we speak.

ty,
Bobbett, KY zone 6
http://www.localharvest.org/store/M19189&ul

  • [Market-farming] ? re yellow raspberries, Bobbett, 10/02/2008