market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Case of the Strange Walking Potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Case of the Strange Walking Potatoes
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:18:26 -0400

On Jul 9, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Pat Meadows wrote:

I read a British gardening list, and the people there complain about foxes
a lot - they say the cubs dig up the potatoes and play with them. They've
actually seen this happen.

Foxes, in the UK, are suburban and urban creatures; very bold. Not like
here. In the UK, evidently foxes fill the ecological niche that I believe
is mostly filled by raccoons here.

But even a country-fox (as opposed to a city-fox) could play with potatoes.

Pat
--
Northern Pennsylvania

Either fox or raccoon is certainly possible in my friend's location. I'll pass that on to her. (But I do wonder, why only one at a time?)