market-farming - [Market-farming] sizing up brassicas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ploughshare" <gjbrever AT midwestinfo.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] sizing up brassicas
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:00:09 -0500

I'm wondering why our brassicas aren't sizing up this year. The plants look great.. they've been well taken care of, watered, etc. In addition, this year it seems like it would have been a perfect one for brassicas... we had a cool spring. I know it's difficult to diagnose, but wondering if there are any nutrients that I may be missing that would affect the size of our brocolli, cauliflower and even our kohlrabi heads this year?
PS--I planted onions in the field the year before. Do I remember reading something about onions affect the size of brassicas or is it the other way around?
--gary
Central MN