market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garden problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garden problem
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 06:36:47 -0500

Greetings,
Okay, now I am confused. I thought DE had to be dry to do any good. I have a duster for DE, but I hate using it since I have to wear a mask or risk damaging my lungs.

I did mis-write in my first message, I have tomato pinworm, not wire worm. I am frazzled by this invasion.

Compost tea is helping the plants.

Does the soap used have to be a vegetable oil soap? Will an animal oil soap harm the plants? I always make my own.

Bright Blessings,
Kim & Garth
Bedias, Texas

breck wrote:
Diatomaceous earth (*/_food grade only_/*) might work on them. I use my solo sprayer with 3gl water, 1 tbls Golden soy oil (try any sticker like soap), and cup of de. I spray at dusk to avoid bees. Agitate thoroughly then take the whole tip off and squirt for second to get rid of heavy particles. Keep sloshing the sprayer around to mix. When the tip gets clogged I remove and tap clean.

Good luck,

Breck