market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blackberry Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blackberry Problem
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 05:54:43 -0500

I've read about blackberry fertilizer requirements.  Most recommend somewhere around 200 lbs. of actual Nitrogen per acre.  I have 1/10 acre of berries, so I should put 20 lbs.  It's also recommended that the N be spread over the year with most of it before and during bloom but tapering off as Fall approaches.

The Phosphorus in the bone meal really sounds like a good idea to me.  I'm going to try that as soon as I can find a good source.  Not sure what the Peat is supposed to do though.  Anyone know?

Yes, blackberries grow in the wild around here, although not much.  I don't have any other brambles.  Cold isn't usually a problem here, but heat might be.  I've never heard of heat causing problems though.

Thanks
TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b