market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] source for freezer marker pens?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynn AT pcisys.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] source for freezer marker pens?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:25:04 -0600

Sharpie also makes a "Professional" marker (it's different that the regular
one and has some yellow on the pen) that is suitable for "wet or oily"
surfaces. It works well for marking our chicken bags if they happen to get
some moisture on them (really easy to do). They don't work quite as well
when already frozen - seems to freeze the ink or something. I use 2 or 3 and
trade off if I'm writing on frozen bags. I get these at our local hardware
store. Not sure if office supply places might carry them.
Now I just have to find out where to get another "SUPER permanent" Sharpie
that actually lasts through the season on my row markers. And thanks to
whoever suggested using mini blinds for markers! Saved a few dollars this
year and had my boys busy cutting for an hour or so.

Marcy