market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] market scales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] market scales
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:38:37 -0500

Hi Phil,

I remember your hanging scale. I liked that it doesn’t take up table space. Do they come with a stand to hang them from or do you have to fabricate something?  I like the scales that figure the cost for me, but I am considering a hanging scale. Where is a good place to get them?

Marie in Missouri, where it got below freezing last night and we covered strawberries with row cover and used overhead irrigation to try to save the crop. Arrggghhh!

Hi Marie.  We have used a hanging Chatilion scales and the state guy's really like them.  If they need any adjustment they can do it really easy with a phillips screw driver.  Our state guy comes to the market and checks it every year but it does cost for the permit.

Phil