market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mechanical Transplanter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Bradshaw" <billbradshaw AT hughes.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mechanical Transplanter
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:47:29 -0500

Brian, we have a planter just like it. The new rubber tips can be bought from Mechanical Transplanter. Also any other parts you might need. Ours is used each year to plant about 90,000 pepper transplants. The transplants are not bare root, ours are grown in 48 count cups. Our soil is heavy red soil, some is sandy with rocks. It works great is our fields. We do use the liquid feed on ours. Here is a photo transplanter at work. Bill In Texas.