market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pre-emergents

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pre-emergents
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:19:41 -0600 (CST)

Mark, There is "no one herbicide does all" in vegetables but there are a few
specific herbicides for each group of vegetables and a few crossover
herbicides that can be used on different groups of vegetables. I like to buy
the crossover types whenever possible. Sandea is the best herbicide in
cucurbits but works well and safely on tomatoes and sweetcorn so I get my
moneys worth with Sandea. Theflan has one of the broadest labels in the
industry and is cheap to buy. Dachthal also has a broad lable and can be
purchased in small quantities. Dual though not cheap can be used in corn and
beans but also has labels in cole crops and tomatoes. All the above
herbicides can be easily stored for years... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.