market-farming - [Market-farming] A-Frame Trellis

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] A-Frame Trellis
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:22:10 -0500

I was discussing a trellis system that I farmer I know in New England used. It was an A-frame style set up.

I've done a couple Google searches from time to time and have not really found anything that matches what he described to me. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of these. I own a sawmill so wood is free so this would be a great option.

From the description it was simply a 2x4 A frame with 12' to 16' reinforced 2x4 top members that ran from frame to frame. One on the top of the "A' and one resting across the cross member of the "A".

Make sense?

I think you could use this in a number of ways, but was curious if anyone else out there used something similar and their experiences.

Cheers!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio