market-farming - [Market-farming] Sophisticated Seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sophisticated Seeders
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:55:33 -0400

I asked several weeks ago about seeders for smaller seed and have heard back from several people with recommendations for the Mater-macc and NIbex. I have been unable to find any importers for the Nibex and in checking out the matermacc have found information about Stanhay, Gaspardo, Seed Spider and the Jang Automation Clean Seeder. Does anyone have experience with these brands or possibly other seeders?
My goal is to find a good hand pushed seeder for smaller seed (carrots - can be pelleted, turnips, radish) which ideally would also have the flexibility to handle beets and spinach seed also. The seeder should singulate well and have good depth control. If a hand pushed seeder which meets these criteria isn't available, I'll consider a 3pt mounted seeder, but since most of my plantings for these items are between 400 and 2,000 row feet, a 3pt mounted seeder seems like overkill.

I have used Earthway, pinpoint and Planet Jr. seeders and none of them have met my needs for the above listed crops.
Andy
www.FellenzFamilyFarm.com

  • [Market-farming] Sophisticated Seeders, Fellenz, 10/02/2007