market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Strawberries - Oats in the row middles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Strawberries - Oats in the row middles
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:12:00 -0400

Has anyone planted oats as a fall cover in the row middles of their
strawberry patch? I'm thinking of doing this to reduce the amount of
straw I will need to spread in the spring on the walkways and am
wondering what others experience has been.

Andy

Andy - It always helps to state where you are farming at. In many parts of the country, it is too late to plant most varieties of oats. -Allan, West Virginia