market-farming - [Market-farming] Info?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joe Seals <gardenguru AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Info?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:24:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.  I'm Joe and I'm new to this list.  I hope it's an active one.

I'm a teacher and former FM'er.  We're putting together a class for this fall to cover the business and growing aspects of market farming and farmers' markets.  I have a couple of good books.

I'll go through the archives soon but I was hoping to ask some general questions right away.

These are BIG questions; I hope you don't mind.  I'd really like to know this stuff.  I've used them in a survey of local growers/marketers and I'd like to compare their notes to national thinking.  My questions:

1.  What is your primary market(s) (if it isn’t farmers’ markets)?

2.  What do you think is the most important thing(s) that new farmers’ market sellers need to know to succeed?

3.  If you were to take a class on farmers’ market selling, what subject(s) would you find to be most helpful?

4.  To what do you credit your success in the FM business?

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph L. Seals
Landscape Architect - Horticultural Consultant
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Home/Office:  805-556-0103
Cell:  805-550-9272

  • [Market-farming] Info?, Joe Seals, 07/30/2007