market-farming - [Market-farming] raw broccoli leaves

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] raw broccoli leaves
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:23:22 -0500

Yes, these are wonderful for stir frys....I planted too late one year for heads, kept them well fertilized (worm castings and fish emulsion) to get lots of leaves, since didn't think heads would form  - BIG leaves too.  Also, raw in cole slaw, like cabbage (they are brassicas after all).  And then I STILL got lots and LOTS of little tender side shoots that were just lovely raw.

nan (formerly of dancing goats farm, n mississippi)

  • [Market-farming] raw broccoli leaves, Nan Johnson, 07/23/2007