market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bug spray

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Russell Bryant" <bovagard AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bug spray
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:58:12 -0500

I use a mix of 1.5 oz of citrinella  one pt vinegar 1/4 cup veg oil one pt of water. this sprays about 25 cows to keep flies off during milking. in really hot weather I will add 1/2 oz basic H . I read about this on an organic list. the guy using citrinella got in trouble for spraying milk house and ruinuing milk. thatÂ’s where the basic H comes in to spray milk house to keep flies out.
R.B. dairy farmer gardener
Nebraska