market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ag dept grants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ag dept grants
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:02:41 GMT

I don't think you have to be non-profit. A rep from the Dept. of Ag.
came to one of our meetings and told the group about the available
grants. They also post the info. on the Dept. of Ag website.
They also have grants available for individual farmers as well.
Another thing the Dept. of Ag. did this year was put up billboards on
some of the highways. These are wonderful!
Overall our Dept. of Ag. has been very supportive of farmers markets.
It has taken many years to get to this point, but we are so grateful
to finally have some state support.
Carla