market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The hatfield transplanter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The hatfield transplanter
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:15:32 -0400

Did buy one this past week. Got the 2" and it worked well on our plastic. Did take a little getting used to but it sure did save time and bending over.

Glad our ground was dry, not sure how easy it would have been in wet ground. Planted 48 and 36 cell flats. Helps if the flats are moist so you can compress the root ball by hand to fit into the chute.

Tom
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market