market-farming - [Market-farming] Bleach water blues

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Hendrickson <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: MktFarming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Bleach water blues
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:05:37 -0500

I am curious how folks handle cleaning and disinfecting harvest crates and tubs. Government food safety guidelines call for using a dilute bleach solution. If this is used, what is the best way to handle disposal? What is the fate of the bleach after it is used to disinfect harvest tubs and buckets?

Thanks. -John

--
John Hendrickson
Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems