market-farming - [Market-farming] Web development software for small farms now available

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Simon Huntley" <simon.huntley AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Web development software for small farms now available
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:28:24 -0400

Small Farm Central (http://www.smallfarmcentral.com) is proud to announce that our web development software for small farms is now available. Our service allows farms to create an internet presence with an easy online control panel interface at a low cost; if you can comfortably check your email and compose Microsoft Word documents, a website is within your reach. Note: this is not a local food directory, rather a service that allows individual farms to have individual, unique websites on their own domain (ie www.yourfarm.com).

Small Farm Central delivers advanced functionality for your farm's website such as an uploadable photo gallery; automated mailing list; farm blog; automated survey collection; networked recipe and variety board; and more. We also offer an optional CSA add-on that allows you to give a unique login and password to each of your CSA members, who will then be able to post profiles, discuss issues on a message board, read weekly share information, and change pickup days. More information, along with a free demo, is available on our website: http://www.smallfarmcentral.com.

---

Thank you for your time – I hope that you will take the time to read over the more detailed information on the website. Even if you are not interested, I hope that you will forward this message to other farmers and farming groups because we have made an effort to keep prices low enough that all farms can afford this, but this low price requires that many farmers support the service. Please help this service grow because, in my opinion, giving farms a professional, low-cost internet presence is a good thing for the whole community.

-Simon Huntley
Lead Developer, Small Farm Central
http://www.smallfarmcentral.com

  • [Market-farming] Web development software for small farms now available, Simon Huntley, 03/11/2007