market-farming - [Market-farming] Colorado potato & flea beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Drury" <jbd3 AT hughes.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Colorado potato & flea beetles
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:39:12 -0600

I just received my Peaceful Valley catalogue and was searching through their chart which shows how to control insects, hoping there was a new miracle tonic that can control Colorado potato beetles and flea beetles using OMRI approved materials. I was wondering if anyone had had success with Pyganic or Agroneem.

Also, in the catalogue, were some interesting looking deer deterents. In addition to the Phantom guard that has been discussed on this list, were an Electronic deer repellent and a Spray Away motion detection. The spray away uses an attached water hose and sprays water when it detects motion from up to 35' away. The Electronic one, lures the deer with a scent and when the deer touches it, they receive a small shock. Anyone used either of these?

John Drury
Bon Aqua, TN 37025
www.freshharvestcoop.com