market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Book review

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: lists AT rhomestead.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Book review
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:16:29 -0500

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:35:58 -0500, you wrote:

>As we are in planning mode now I thought I'd let folks know about a book I
>think is one of the best: The Book of Garden Secrets by Dorothy Hinshaw
>Patent & Diane E. Bilderback, ISBN 1-55209-104. It is not a new book -
>copyright 1991, 1997. But it is one I read every winter and pull out in
>between. The value of this book is in its explanations. The chapters are:

Thanks very much, Beth - I bought it. I think I did anyway. :)

In case anyone else wants to buy it, the lowest price on Amazon.com is $35.
Yikes. No way.

But I looked here: http://www.addall.com/used/

I typed in the author's names and the title, and Addall.com came up with
several used copies, most of which were very expensive - even higher than
Amazon's price.

However, it also showed me several copies of "The Harrowsmith Country Life
Book of Garden Secrets: A Down-To-Earth Guide to the Art and Science of
Growing Better Vegetables" - same authors. I think this is probably the
same book. (Harrowsmith is a Canadian magazine about rural life.)

I ordered one from AbeBooks.com for $3.99.

Pat

Blog: http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com

'Every one of us can do something to protect and
care for our planet. We should live in such a way
that makes a future possible.' - Thich Nhat Hanh