market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cooling and storing produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cooling and storing produce
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:54:31 -0500

TxBeeFarmer, try using a nitrogen shipping container. Port of Houston
probably has many for sale. I bought one several years back and love it.
It's 20 feet by 7 feet by 7 feet high. Insulation is four inches thick and
it is possible to run lines in for the evaporation unit of a compressor very
easily. They are made for all weather and will last forever. Hope this
helps.

Maury

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey
Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.