market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Personal "Mini" Watermelons

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Personal "Mini" Watermelons
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:13:50 GMT

Hi,

We've been growing the personal size mini melon for a few years now. We grow the seedless varieties. We like extazy and vanessa. extazy seed can be a little difficult to find. You also will need to grow a seeded, or pollinator variety as well. Judging maturity is a little tougher too.The seed is also very expensive.

These varieties of melon will reach about 5 pounds on average.

We start all of our seedless melons in the greenhouse. The seed doesn't seem to perform well, at least for us if we try and direct seed.

Carla

  • Re: [Market-farming] Personal "Mini" Watermelons, cjmaness AT juno.com, 01/06/2007