market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] increasing mid-week market sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] increasing mid-week market sales
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 01:49:42 GMT

Hi Alison,
I don't have the solution for mid week sales, since our market goes
through the same thing. We are open on Wed. mornings, 8-1. I'm
curious though, how many regular vendors do you have? We also have a
market board, and this year my hubby is the president. We have lots
of ideas for improvements, like accepting new growers but we are met
with fierce resentment towards that idea. Right now we have about 32
vendors, some of which are seasonal, and not there for the full
season. I would love to hear from you, as well as others who are
either market managers or serving on the board as to when you feel
like you have enough people selling squash and tomatoes!
Thanks,
Carla