market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <elainegranata AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:35:28 -0700

Paul: The cloves need about 4 weeks to form roots before the ground freezes,
so you can compute planting time by backing up from freeze time. I just got
mine in because it finally stopped raining and snowing long enough for the
soil to dry out enough to plant. It sure is the pits when it's too wet.
Good luck.

Elaine
Zone 5