market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] dream tiller

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cjmaness AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] dream tiller
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:56:23 -0500

I've had experience with two, a Kubota and a King Kutter, which we
currently own. We have had the King Kutter for about 2 years, and in that
time we have had to replace the seals in the gear box, and weld a piece
of metal onto the frame where it is coming apart.
The Kubota was at the research station where I worked. I was there 8
years and the tiller had been there a lot longer than that. During my
time there we only did routine maintenance on the tiller. Greasing,
checking the gear box etc... The Kubota tiller is still at the station
and still being used. It's probably going on 15 years old now and still
in great shape. Our King Kutter won't last that long. No way. I wish we
had spent more money and bought a better tiller. You get what you pay
for.
Carla