market-farming - [Market-farming] RE Tomato problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Juanita Garcia" <nitag AT ev1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming Newsletter" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE Tomato problems
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:40:45 -0500

Good morning all:

Thanks for all the suggestions, tho’ in the end we did have some measure of success with soap spray. It was enough to get the plants to setting blooms and fruit again, which was good enough for me.

I tend to agree with Courtney – it’s just the variety, and even may have been the seed stock I used (I got the seed from a different supplier than I usually use;  silly me for thinking they were all on a par). We trellis all of our tomatoes (450 plants), and all the rest of them are just fine. All my varieties are open pollinated, heirloom varieties and nary a problem with any of them. Next year I go back to Johnny’s for my seed stock.

Juanita Garcia

Garcia Eggs & Herbs

  • [Market-farming] RE Tomato problems, Juanita Garcia, 08/31/2006