market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic for seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: dave.kathy AT att.net (Dave & Katharine Campbell)
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic for seed
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:39:18 +0000

No, no, don't refrigerate seed garlic.  Keep it cool and dry, out of the sun.  I cure mine on drying racks in my barn for 2-3 weeks, till stems are totally dry.  I trim the roots (so they don't collect moisture out of the air) and cut off the tops from hardnecks to store in 25 lb mesh onion bags.  Softnecks I braid into ristras.  Both just hang in the shed until Columbus Day, when planting starts.

Dave Campbell

Tiffin IA, Zone 5a

-------------- Original message from Goodwill at Homefields Farm <sbreneman AT yourgoodwill.org>: --------------