market-farming - [Market-farming] blister beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] blister beetles
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:55:18 +0000

Hi, I too am having an issue with blister beetles. it's the first time i've
ever seen the bug in my life and I hope to never see them again! I used DE
with pyrethrium on the way out to work yesterday morning and when I got home
yesterday eve they were nowhere in sight. I've also heard that you can coat
your plants with flour and the bugs will eat it and then seek water and die
because of the swelling. Not sure about that one, but I plan to try it if I
see them again. They have totally decimated my tomatoes and eggplants. I was
amazed at how destructive they are.

Roxann, NW AR
www.AncientEarthWisdom.com
www.ozarkmusings.blogspot.com