market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Help! Onion pricing?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Help! Onion pricing?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:43:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/06 11:08:30 AM Central Daylight Time, tonitime AT juno.com writes:
  I am needing some help as to pricing our boiler-sized Multiplying
onions - thinking to sell by the quart?  Can anyone advise me on price?
All the markets we sell in sells onions by the pound.  So far we have been able to get a 1.00.  May not hold this price all season, most grocery stores are .69 for candies and the big onions. A lot of our onions are weighing over a pound each.

Phil