market-farming - [Market-farming] Cabbage Loopers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carl Hatfield" <cmkfield AT pmt.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cabbage Loopers
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:45:33 -0600

I am probably the one that posted about the peroxide.  The following is what I have used with good success.
1/4 cup 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1 squirt liquid soap
1 gallon water
I spray this whenever the cabbage moths start getting thick around the plants.  Right after spraying they seem to leave for awhile.  Other plants I spray about once a month.  This mix seems to be a little strong for squash plants but ok for everything else.

Carl  zone 5 or 6  (IDAHO)