market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spicy Globe basil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: lists AT rhomestead.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spicy Globe basil
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:37:05 -0400

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:36:03 -0400, you wrote:

>I would like to put Spicy Globe basil in small decorative pots and get a
>better price. The only ones I find at the Dollar Store do not have drain
>holes. I have always used pots with drain holes and saucers.
>
>Has anyone had experience using 4" pots without drain holes? Thank you.

Can you punch or drill holes in them? I wouldn't use pots
without drain holes.

Also, have you tasted Spicy Globe basil? I grew it and -
while it is certainly a cute and decorative little plant -
it didn't taste anything like basil to me. I was really
disappointed in the taste. I won't grow it again.

Pat
-- Gardening in northern Pennsylvania.

Growing some of our own food, eating local foods,
cooking basic foods; we are transforming the planet -
one cucumber at a time, one salad at a time, one
meal at a time.