market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Yellow striped cucumber beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Glenda" <aughinbaugh AT ccp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Yellow striped cucumber beetles
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 06:57:59 -0500

Our soil seems to be in great shape
full of worms and organic matter but we still have bug problems. I have read
Coleman's books and heard him speak. Just because people who make money
selling books and promoting equipment put it on paper does not make it so.

Dr. Arden Anderson speaks to this as well (Acres, USA materials). He has seen the 'theory' in practice. Fields farmed biodynamically that were adjacent to conventional fields. When insect pressure arrived, conventional fields were ravaged; the insects never touched the biodynamically managed ones. I believe there is a lot we don't know, but this 'theory' is one that fascinates me, for sure.