market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shoofly Pie -- the history, the recipes!!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shawnee Flowerfarmer" <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shoofly Pie -- the history, the recipes!!!
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:18:15 -0600

Thanks Jill and Dorene for the shoo fly recipes.    I think that if either recipe could be adapted to use sorghum syrup that this would make a unique way to market sorghum in bouquets...give away samples of cake/pie next to bunches of sorghum in late summer.  I may also try this to market the sorghum plants that I am selling as ornamentals this spring.

Shawnee, zone 5