market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wire weeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Christine & Marlin" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wire weeders
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:50:44 -0500

And, if it proved to violate a patent, we could all still create them for ourselves in our farm workshops

I'll ditto that one.  That's why I posted specific directions for making them.  They really aren't hard to make. So I encourage anyone who wants one to go for it.  And by the way I would be willing to bet my old worn out boots one wouldn’t have to do all the fancy wire bending I did in order to make one look like a Lucko.  Just bend the wire into a round loop.

If I’m not mistaken there is something already on the market that works on this idea called a circle hoe.  I think I’m going to make one using this wire loop idea and see how it works.  And while I am at it I may as well make another one on the end of a 54 inch hoe handle so I can use it standing up.

Marlin