market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] It's that time of year

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] It's that time of year
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:07:42 -0600 (CST)

I agree. I always used to count the weeks from the end of the growing season
until March the first which became the beginning of the new season. And that
was exactly what was on my mind this morning. But since I now produce
greenhouse crops as well as farm crops my growing season never really ends
nor is there a true beginning. But March first will always have a special
place in my heart.
I never had a need to sterilize old plastic trays. I think the need to
sterilize is greatly overrated. If a growers operation is so filty dirty that
they need to sterilize then they should look for ways to clean up their act...
BTW I wish we could get at least one really big snow blizzard before winters
over...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.