market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd:  Boron application

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd:  Boron application
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:08:24 -0600 (CST)

If I want to apply 2 pounds of boron to an acre I premix 10 pounds of 20%
solubor into 5 gallons of water then after its totally dissolved I dump it
into a tractor mounted boom sprayer with 50 gallons of water and spray it on
the soil. If I want to apply boron to a 500 sq ft bed I mix roughly 2 ounces
of solubor in water and spray it onto the bed. On a small bed I find it
easier to use a backpak sprayer and band it up and down the sides of the rows
along side the plants then cultivate or irrigate it into the soil... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.