market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 35, Issue 35

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maureen bostock" <maureenbostock AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 35, Issue 35
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:47:13 -0800

Hi everyone,
The question of what happens to Genetically modified organisms once they hit the ground has really not been answered yet as far as I know. Suffice to say that if it is BT corn, for example, - every piece of corn dna contains bacillus thuringiensis. Insects exposed to BT in this way will eventually build up a resistence to BT resulting in the product becoming useless to deal with pests in the garden.
I think that this is an area of research that needs immediate attention.
Does anyone else out there know of research being done on this?
Maureen

> > > Get the list FAQ at: http://www.marketfarming.net/mflistfaq.htm

> >Get the list FAQ at: http://www.marketfarming.net/mflistfaq.htm
> >

> >End of Market-farming Digest, Vol 35, Issue 34

> Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented
Microsoft®
> SmartScreen Technology.

http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines