market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Women's Voices in the 2007 Farm Bill--Pleaserespond]]

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <marketfarmers AT thymeforewe.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Women's Voices in the 2007 Farm Bill--Pleaserespond]]
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:31:54 -0500

Title: Women's Voices in the 2007 Farm Bill-- Please respond

Can you imagine?  We'd be screaming our heads off, and rightfully so.  I attended the Women In Sustainable Ag conference in Vermont last month.  Men were welcome.  They presented and also networked.   One of the best conversations I had during the conference was with a male farmer who just finished his second growing season.  It's a shame to shut people out based on their sex.

One of the most beneficial things to come from the WISA conference was the boost many new and aspiring women farmers got by networking with other women farmers.  I heard a lot of them saying, "I can Do that!"