market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Keeping greens fresh

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Keeping greens fresh
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:04:57 -0400

 I've not used such a product, but do want to say that my family and i can taste such stuff on the lettuce we eat in fast food places.  To us, not very palatable and it's a recognizable taste in commercial food prep.
Food for thought!
Toni in KY

There is a natural food product that  comes in liquid form.  When
> sprayed on lettuce, for example, it  keeps the leaves fresh for many
> hours even not refrigerated.  I  am not sure if their web page shows
> this information but it is called  Star Fluids at www.starfluids.com
>  <http://www.starfluids.com>
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it  and to
foster its renewal is our only hope. ~Wendell Berry~