market-farming - [Market-farming] Potato Beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carl Hatfield" <cmkfield AT pmt.org>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Potato Beetles
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:34:49 -0600

This year I used hydogen peroxide as on potato beetles & cabbage worms.  I did have a few potato beetles but never enough to cause any damage I sprayed the plants about 3 times.  For the cabbage worms I would spray the plants whenever I would notice a lot of moths flying around & this was the first year we have NO worms in the Broccolli.

If using 3% hydrogen peroxide mix 1 cup to a gallon of water & 1 Tbs of dish soap.  For 40% hydrogen peroxide mix 2 ounces with 3 gallons water & soap.

Carl  zone 5 or 6  (IDAHO)