market-farming - [Market-farming] Irrigation pump info

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willfindley AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Irrigation pump info
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:03:40 EDT

Greetings, List,
I'm looking for information on equipment required for pumping water from a small stream that runs through our property. There are no legal problems in taking the water. Would like to drip-irrigate about 2 acres. The stream is just a leetle thing usually, but it  changes to a pretty strong stream with each passing storm here in west-central AL, rising several feet. It does have a current all year long, though it drops to a very low level in dead summer for a few weeks. Need to lift the water about 10-15 feet and pipe it about 100 feet through some woods to the field. I assume I'll need a filter (pretty sandy creek-bottom) and a storage tank. I plan on talking to the guys at Irrigation-mart eventually, but would appreciate any pointers from y'all before I go there, as far as brands, experiences both good and bad, etc.
Yipes, gotta go till the beans before those dark clouds get here.
Thanks a lot,
Bill