market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vacuuming Up Pests

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vacuuming Up Pests
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:28:53 -0400

This is what my husband has been doing every morning for the past 3 or 4 weeks. It helps a great deal but is not destroying the colonies. So today I went out with a couple of sprayers full of a mix of neem, Dr. Bronner's soap and maxi crop and sprayed down a lot of plants and cuke beetles.

We will see how this one two punch works

Lucy Goodman

maureen bostock wrote:
I have had excellent success with cucumber beetles vacuuming them up with a batterypowered hand held vacuum. It has a hard plastic casing in which the beetles are collected. When I have done all the rows, I dump them in soapy water (soap breaks surface tension) and they drown. I am sure this would work with harlequins as well. Investment: $40.00, Value: Priceless.
Maureen Bostock

  • Re: [Market-farming] Vacuuming Up Pests, Lucy Goodman, 08/01/2005