market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Eggplant Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Eggplant Question
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:56:26 -0400

Lynn you are doing everything right. Some varieties are softer than others.
You harvest and display them like all eggplant on the stand away from direct
sunlight. They tend to hold for two days in firm condition then get soft and
wrinkly. When they get soft I toss them. I try to only pick as much as I can
sell in a day often I will pick twice a day to insure freshness and quality.
Whatever you do don't put them in the cooler...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.